Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Awakening

Yep, that's where I am. I was driving down the road this morning on my way to work listening to a summer mix my good friend Robbi made me. There is nothing like a summer mix to chase away the winter blues. Picture it: Me, bundled up to the eyes because the heat is broken in the car, driving down the snowy Upstate New York Roads, listening to the Beach Boys and laughing. Happy= me.
I find myself laughing out loud at the sheer joy of life. I am having such a good time. For the first time in a long time, fear is not my constant companion. I feel fearless, grounded, powerful, attractive. Everything is coming my way, and you know why? A lightbulb came on for me. I have given myself permission. I will not limit myself through fear anymore. Conversely, I will not motivate myself by fear either. Fear, your lease on my heart is up and you've been a destructive tenant. Time to go.
Meanwhile, let the good time roll! Laissez les bon temps roules! I am ready to have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Funny how I tend to view fear as bleak and wintery and yet you seemed to have managed to see spring in the winter. I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, for a long time, I was stuck in winter, no matter what season it was. Couldn't get out of the cold. So YAY! Your comment makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your laugh. I am imagining your laugh right now. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete